Recipe Adapted from: Pinch of Yum. I made some changes to the ingredients and also made this salad gluten free and I made the dressing a little more sweet. If you a vegetarian, feel free to substitute the chicken for tofu.
I absolutely love Thai food and often crave it. I have been waiting for a recipe to satisfy my Thai and peanut sauce cravings. This recipe did the trick for me! Love it because it was crunchy from the cabbage and the peanuts and the dressing gave it so much flavor! I usually try to stay away from peanut butter because it contains so much fat, but I found I didn't need to use too much of the peanut sauce dressing on the salad because it was thin and so flavorful. I ate this salad for dinner and I have enough for about three more meals. Looks like I know what I will be having for lunch tomorrow! I really enjoyed this salad and I hope you do too!
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 small head of cabbage
- 2 carrots
- ½ cup of cilantro
- ½ cup of peanuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tablespoons tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 ½ tablespoons sugar (or stevia to make it clean!)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup water
- Bring pot of water to a boil. Add chicken breasts and boil for 15 minutes. Once chicken is cooked thoroughly let cool and shred the chicken.
- Meanwhile, chop cabbage into thin pieces and place in large bowl.
- Peel the outside of the carrot and discard. Peel the entire carrot and then chop the carrot strands in smaller pieces. Add to large bowl.
- Chop cilantro and peanuts then add to large bowl and mix.
- In a small bowl, add garlic, sriracha, tamari, vinegar, sugar, lime juice, olive oil and fish sauce. Whisk until mixed well.
- Add peanut butter and water. Whisk until smooth.
- Add cool shredded chicken to salad mixture, toss.
- Top with peanut sauce dressing.