I have never made my own enchiladas before, so I will be honest, I did not have high hopes for these. I prepared these on Sunday and stored them in the refrigerator until Tuesday. My husband and I were shocked at how good these were! So much flavor and honestly made me feel like we were cheating our diet. Mexican food used to be our Friday night cheat, so to be able to cook these at home and have them on plan, it was awesome! These were pretty easy to prep, didn't require any crazy ingredients and best of all, they are 21 Day Fix approved! Did I mention they are also gluten free?! Yay! They make 10 and we ate two each, so this ends up being two dinners for both of us and one lunch!
- 3 chicken breasts, shredded (I boiled and then shredded mine with a fork)
- 1 can of diced tomatos, no salt added (15.5 ounces, do not drain)
- 1/2 cup of salsa
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fat free plain yogurt
- 10 yellow corn tortillas
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups of Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 packet of stevia
- 1 tsp of fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil and diced onion. Stir occassionally. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add diced tomatoes (don't drain them) to the onions. Cover and simmer on low until the tomatoes start falling apart. Mine took about 10-15 minutes.
- During this time, spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Take your tortillas and place a couple of them between two damp paper towels and microwave until soft. I did 3-4 at a time and microwaved for 30-45 seconds. This will help make the tortillas soft enough to roll without ripping.
- In each tortilla, fill with a little bit of cheese and chicken. I did enough chicken to fill the tortilla and about a tbsp of cheese. Roll your tortillas up and place in your 9x13 pan.
- Return to your sauce and add the salsa, greek yogurt, stevia and sea salt. Allow it to simmer for a minute or two.
- Place sauce in a blender until smooth and then immediately pour over enchiladas.
- Cover with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown.
If you are following the 21 Day Fix:
1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow and 1 blue for TWO enchiladas.