I recently started a new nutritional program called 2B Mindset! 2B Mindset is a weight loss program and a new way of eating that helps you feeling full and satisfied instead of hungry and deprived. I love that there is no counting calories or points, measuring food, or cutting food groups. You get to eat the foods you love and live your life. It is all about learning what to eat and when for your body and your weight loss goals, but what makes this program really unique is that it will change your mindset and help you conquer some of the underlying reasons you've struggled to lose the weight and keep it off. 2B Mindset is designed to help you understand and conquer emotional eating, thereby helping you create a better relationship with food and your body-so you can lose weight happily and keep it off for good.
With a new program, comes new recipes! I am able to eat some different foods than before and have a little bit more freedom with my choices, which I love!
This program is really focused on lots of veggies, which is new for me. I came up with this recipe and I was a little hesitant because I am picky with my veggies, but it was SO good! Loved the combo of the pasta and the zoodles! The black bean pasta has 15 grams of fiber and 19 grams of protein!
- 1/2 cup of black bean pasta (I love Trader Joe's)
- 2 cups of uncooked zoodles
- 1/2 cup of shredded chicken (I used rotisserie)
- 1-2 tablespoons of Alfredo sauce (be sure there isn't lots of added sugar!)
- 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese
- Bring a pot of water to a boil on the stove and add in the black bean pasta. Cook according to directions. I usually cook my Trader Joe's pasta for 8 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat on the stove. Add in zoodles and 1 tablespoon of water. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Once zoodles are done, add in the black bean pasta, shredded chicken and alfredo sauce. Mix together and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until hot.
- Top the pasta with parmesan cheese and enjoy!
NOTES: this recipe could be swapped out with a low sugar marinara sauce or even with spaghetti squash! You could also swap out the chicken with a turkey meatball or other type of protein.
2B MINDSET: This meal ratios perfectly for lunch! Feel free to adjust the portions to meet your needs!