I am following Body Beast right now and I am in the final Lean Phase which means - LOTS OF PROTEIN! A girl can only eat so much chicken, so I decided to come up with a fun way to get in some protein and fruit!
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I use Beachbody's Vanilla Recharge)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- Lightly spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray and fill with the muffin mixture. Mine made 10 mini muffins.
- Cook mini muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
This recipe is counted as 1.5 red and .5 purple if you are following the portion fix meal plan.
These were a huge hit in our house and my little boy absolutely LOVED them! Guilt free treat!