Anyone else obsessed with all things Thai food and peanut sauce?! I am. I was so excited about this recipe because it totally hits the spot, while adding in tons of colorful veggies!
Recipe adapted from: Feasting at Home
- 6 ounces of uncooked rice noodles
- 6 cups of chopped purple and green cabbage
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup of scallons, sliced
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 jalapenos, chopped (optional)
- 2 teaspoons of ginger (I used Ginger Paste)
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 orange ( ¼ cup orange juice)
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 shredded chicken breasts, precooked
- Crushed peanuts for garnish
Cook rice noodles in boiling water for 3-4 minutes and immediately rinse with cold water and drain. Set aside.
In the meantime, blend the ginger, garlic, peanut butter, orange juice, lime juice, liquid aminos, honey, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, cayenne pepper and salt together. Blend until smooth.
Place shredded veggies, bell pepper, scallions, cilantro and jalapeño in a bowl. Toss together.
To serve, add shredded veggies, noodles, chicken and toss together. Top with dressing and garnish with chopped peanuts.
21 DAY FIXERS: add 2 cups of veggie mixture, 1/2 cup of noodles, 3/4 cup of shredded chicken and 2 tablespoons of dressing with 1 teaspoon of crushed peanuts. Count as 2 greens, 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 orange and 1 teaspoon.
2B MINDSET: This could be used for lunch and if you leave out the noodles, it would be a great option for dinner too!