I have been trying to have my carbs earlier in the day on my meal plan, I am finding it gives me better energy throughout the day and better results too! Wanted to share one of my newest recipes that I am loving for dinner lately!
I cook the chicken in advance during my meal prep, them portion out enough for dinner each night!
- 2 pounds of chicken breasts
- Packet of Frontera Taco Skillet Sauce (I only use half of the packet)
- Bibb lettuce
- Pico de gallo (I buy mine premade from the produce department)
- 1 sweet potato, sliced into small long strips like tortilla strips
- Cooking spray
- Lawry's Casero Seasoning
- Place your chicken in a crockpot on high for 3 hours, or until it easily shreds.
- Once chicken is fully cooked and shredded, place it in a separate bowl or container and add half of the Frontera Taco Skillet Sauce packet and mix together.
- Take your sweet potato strips and place them in an airfryer, lightly spray with cooking spray and cook on low for 12-15 minutes, or until crisp. You can also bake them in the oven at 350 for 20-30 minutes, or replace with tortilla strips.
- To assemble your taco lettuce wraps:
- One serving is 3 bibb lettuce leaves, 3/4 cup of the shredded chicken, 1/4 cup of pico de gallo, 1/4 of a small avocado and 1/4 cup of the sweet potato strips. I like to sprinkle the Lawry's Casero Seasoning on top of them!
PORTION FIX: 3 lettuce wraps count as 1 green, 1 red, 1/2 blue and 1/4 yellow