This recipe is a keeper in our household! This recipe is 21 Day Fix and Insanity Max: 30 approved! It is gluten free, clean and it tastes like a cheat meal!
- 1 pound of 99% fat free ground turkey (or 4.5 red containers)
- 18 slices of cooked turkey bacon, chopped (I cook mine in the microwave until crispy)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (or 4.5 yellow containers)
- Peel sweet potatoes and boil them until you can easily poke a fork through them. I like to cut my sweet potatoes in smaller cubes so they cook faster!
- Once cooked, put them in a mixing bowl and mash them until there are no large chunks.
- Add in chopped turkey bacon and ground turkey.
- Mix ingredients. I like to use my hands to make sure everything is really mixed together, seems to stick together better.
- Roll tightly into patties. This recipe makes 9 21 Day Fix approved burgers.
- You can either grill these or cook them on a stove top. I cooked mine on a stove top on high for 4 minutes on each side. NOTE: Key to them not falling apart is to not flip them too early and to spray the pan good with a non-stick spray.
- Add 1 slice of cheese, or one blue container of cheese if desired.
- Garnish with romaine, tomatoes and red onions. These taste great with mustard too!
Each burger is 1 Red and .5 Yellow.
UPDATE: If you are following the 21 Day Fix Extreme plan:
- 1 red of ground turkey
- 1 yellow of mashed sweet potato
This makes 2 burgers and is counted as 1 red and 1 yellow! Great with a little avocado on top!