These are the perfect summer time dinner! I love cooking on the grill and I love kabobs. I decided to spice up my kabobs with a little kick of spice and some pineapple! These were amazing and will definitely become a regular dinner for us!
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 orange pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 a pineapple, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos (this is a healthy gluten free substitute for soy sauce)
- 2.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1.2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 8 wooden skewers, soak 30 minutes
- Thread chicken, onion, peppers and pineapple onto each wooden skewer, alternating ingredients. Mine made 8 skewers. Depending on the size of your chicken and veggies, yours may make slightly more or less.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, add all of the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn the head down slightly and stir occasionally. Keep the sauce over the heat for about 10 minutes, or until sauce thickens up and then set aside.
- Grill your kabobs for 3 minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove your kabobs from the grill and brush with spicy pineapple sauce.
I counted each skewer as 1 red, 1 green, .5 purple and 1 tsp. These were great served over brown rice!