This recipe was adapted and slightly modified from Cooking Light. This was a hit in our house! So simple to prepare and cooks in 10 minutes!
- 1 cup 100% Pineapple Juice
- 4 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tsp Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 4 Chicken Breasts (chopped in 1 inch pieces)
- Wooden Skewers (soak in warm water for 30 mins to prevent burning)
- Combine pineapple juice, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, sriracha, honey, fish sauce and garlic.
- In a small sauce pan over medium high heat, bring sauce to a boil. Let boil for two minute and then reduce to medium heat for four minutes. (This sauce will reduce down and look more like a syrup).
- Preheat Broiler.
- Thread chopped chicken onto the wooden skewers. Ours made 6 skewers.
- Place skewers on a lightly greased baking sheet. I sprayed mine with Pam Coconut Oil Spray.
- Brush the skewers with about a third of the pineapple sauce and place under the broiler for 5 minutes.
- Flip skewers and brush with a third of the pineapple sauce and return to broiler for another five minutes or until brown and fully cooked.
- Once the skewers are done, you can brush them with the remaining sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!