Ok, these were amazing. I don't post any recipe we don't LOVE, but I know this one was good when my husband is requesting it again tonight! During the summer time, I love quick dinners. Who am I kidding, I love quick dinners ALL the time. The less time I have to spend cooking, the more time I can spend with my family. This recipe is something that you can prep ahead of time and then cook whenever you are ready for dinner! I prepped this on the weekend and then had them during the week. Total prep and cook time during the week was less than 10 minutes total. My kind of dinner! These tasted like a pizza hot pocket to me, but without the junk and the gut bomb you would typically feel afterwards. Love meals that taste like a cheat! THAT is how I have stayed on track all of these years - eating foods I actually LOVE. I refuse to ever feel like I am on a diet because let's face it, I am in this for LIFE and no one wants to diet for LIFE.
INGREDIENTS - Recipe makes TWO wraps
- 1.5 cups of shredded chicken (I boiled 2 chicken breasts and then shredded)
- 3/4 cups of pureed tomatoes (make sure tomatoes are the only ingredient)
- 2 tsp of Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cups of Italian shredded cheese
- 1 packet of stevia (optional - most marinera sauce has added sugar and is sweet, if you prefer a sweeter sauce, the stevia is great!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Two tortillas - I used gluten free Mission Tortillas
- 2 tsp olive oil
- In a bowl, combine chicken, tomato puree, Italian seasoning, fresh basil, stevia, Italian cheese and then salt and pepper to taste. This can be stored for a few days in the refrigerator.
- Cook mixture in the microwave before filling tortillas for 45 seconds, or until warm. Doesn't need to be piping hot since they will be cooked.
- Put half of the mixture into each tortilla and then fold up like a burrito, folding in two sides and then the other two sides. Brush the outside with a tsp of olive oil,
- Preheat frying pan over medium high heat. I sprayed mine with Pam cooking spray too.
- Cook wraps for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
If you are following the 21 Day Fix: 1 tortilla + half of the mixture counts as 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 blue and .5 green.