You know what I love? A good meal that tastes like I am cheating. One thing I used to indulge on all the time when I was overweight was chicken strips. I LOVED them. I haven't had them in a long time and felt determined to make a version at home that was not only healthy and tasted good, but also 21 Day Fix approved. I made these last night for my family and the first word out of our mouth was, "WOW!". That's when I knew this recipe was a keeper. They have so much flavor thanks to the ranch seasoning and have just enough crunch! Hope you enjoy these just as much as my family does!
- 2 thin chicken breast filets, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp flour of choice (I used gf all purpose flour)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp ranch seasoning
- 1/2 cup of gluten free Italian breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine parmesan cheese and flour, then set aside.
- In another small bowl, scramble two eggs and then slowly stir in ranch seasoning, then set aside.
- In another small bowl, add breadcrumbs and set aside.
- Take chicken strips and cover each one in the parmesan mixture, then into the egg mixture and then cover in the breadcrumbs. Be sure to shake of excess at each step. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat large frying pan over medium heat and add olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add chicken strips and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked thoroughly and the outside is browned.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!
If you are following the 21 Day Fix meal plan, each thin chicken breast filet counts as one serving. Our filets made three strips each. Count as 1 red, 1/2 yellow, 1/2 blue and 1 tsp.