I am in the middle of meal prepping this evening, but I absolutely had to share this recipe. I have been looking for breakfast recipes lately. I love to eat breakfast for dinner and I have been looking to change up my morning breakfasts from the usual shakeology and organic banana. I love eggs, but I rarely have time in the morning to scramble up eggs before work. So I found the perfect solution! Ham and cheese egg nests.
All you need is:
- Muffin pan
- Pam non-stick cooking spray
- 6 slices of deli ham
- 1/2 cup of shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin pan with Pam non-stick cooking spray.
- Place each slice of deli ham in one muffin hole.
- On top of each slice of ham, place a pinch of cheddar cheese.
- Crack an egg over each slice of ham.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes.
I was planning on wrapping each of these up to take for breakfast this week. I took a bite of one and wow, I was impressed with myself. So, rather than having leftover chicken tacos for dinner, I had these. Thankfully I made extras for leftovers! Very good!
*Update: Took these to work today. The ham keeps the eggs in place, so they aren't messy. Reheated for 30 seconds and they tasted great!
Hope you enjoy!