There is something about fall that screams COMFORT FOOD! Back when I was 215 pounds, comfort food was creamy soups and macaroni and cheese. I have changed my ways over the last three years and have found some really healthy ways to satisfy that comfort food craving!
- 1 rotisserie chicken OR 2 chicken breasts (cooked and shredded) *I used an organic rotisserie chicken and made sure there were no added ingredients and discarded the skin
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can of corn, no added salt
- 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes, do not drain the liquid
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 32 ounce container of chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt (I may have added a tiny bit more - oops!)
- Organic tortilla chips *I use blue corn chips
- Non-Fat greek yogurt
- Take all of the meat off of the rotisserie chicken and discard the skin
- Place all ingredients in a crockpot on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8 hours. I personally added my chicken in halfway through since it was already cooked, but you would be fie adding it in at the beginning!
- Serve with tortilla chips, greek yogurt in place of sour cream and diced avocados.
This soup counts approximately as 1 red and 1 green. I counted my serving as about 1.5 cups and this easily makes 6 servings. These measurements are not 100% exact. If you top with tortilla chips, that adds 1 yellow to the count.
This soup is so delicious and is great for leftovers. This would make an amazing quick weeknight meal for a family or also a week of lunches!