I feel kind of silly even writing up this recipe because it is SO simple, but I have done my fair share of searching for 'easy' recipes only to find recipes with a million ingredients. As a fitness coach, I hear so often that people feel like they can't eat healthy because they aren't great in the kitchen and don't know how to cook. This recipe only has three ingredients and can be prepared in less than 15 minutes.
- 1 frozen turkey burger (I use the Simple Truth brand)
- 1/4 cup of pico de gallo (I get mine in the produce section of our grocery store)
- 2 tbsp guacamole (you can make your own or try prepared guacamole, I like Wholly Guacamole from Costco!)
- Sea salt, optional
- Preheat frying pan or cast iron grill pan over medium high heat. I lightly coat mine with cooking spray.
- Cook frozen turkey burger for 8 minutes per side, or until thoroughly cooked.
- Remove burger from heat and top with pico de gallo and guacamole. Season with sea salt to taste.
PORTION FIX COUNT: 1 red, .25 green and .5 blue.