Anyone else love ALL THINGS potato? I do! Ever since I have begun Shift Shop, I have gone grain free. Now that I have completed the program, I have decided that I feel SO good, I really want to continue with being grain free. Limiting grains means I need to get a little creative in the kitchen with my other carb options - like POTATOES! I made these last night and they were a huge hit! They are meal plan approved for anyone following portion fix!
This recipe serves TWO, feel free to double if you are serving more!
- 1 cup chopped baby potatoes (I used a variety pack of baby organic potatoes that I got from Costco!)
- 2 tsp of grassfed butter (I love Kerrygold!)
- 1/2 tsp of garlic salt
- 1 tsp of minced carlic
- 1 tbsp of chopped fresh chives and 1 tsp for garnish
- 2 tsp of dry grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chopped potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Take potatoes out of the oven and place in a frying pan on medium high heat with butter. Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so. Allow the potatoes to get golden brown.
- Add garlic and one tablespoon of chives. Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from heat and sprinkle with one teaspoon of chives and parmesan cheese.
If you are following the portion fix, one serving is 1/2 cup. Each 1/2 cup of potatoes counts as 1 yellow and 1 teaspoon.