I think it is no secret that I love Mexican food! I have been in the mood for enchiladas, but wanted a meal with less cheese - which is how I came up with these Enchilada Tostadas! I cooked and prepped the chicken in advance during my meal prep and then assembled and enjoyed the tostadas during the week. I am all for meals that I can prep in advance!
- 3 chicken breasts, cut in cubes
- 1 can of red enchilada sauce (I used Las Palmas 19 ounce can because the ingredients were good)
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup of fat free plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp garlic salt
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- Corn Tortillas
- Pam Cooking Spray
- Romaine Lettuce, shredded
- Tomatoes, chopped
- Marinate chicken breast cubes in enchilada sauce for minimum of two hours. I marinated mine overnight.
- Once the chicken is done marinating, place the chicken and the sauce in a pan over medium heat and cover, stir every couple of minutes. Cook chicken for 8 minutes, or until no longer pink inside.
- Allow chicken to cool and shred chicken in the remaining enchilada sauce. This allows the pieces to be fully covered in the sauce, and then drain the remaining sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small frying pan over medium high heat, coat both sides of your corn tortillas with cooking spray (I used Pam) and toast each side until golden brown.
- On a cookie sheet, place your corn tortillas and top with your shredded chicken and cheddar cheese.
- Place in the oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted.
- Top your tostadas with shredded romaine lettuce, tomatoes and avocado cream sauce!
- Place 2 avocados, 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt, 3 tbsp of water and 1/2 tbsp of garlic salt in a blender. If you would like yours thinner, add more water.
- Use a blue container to measure your portion if you are following the 21 Day Fix.
- I put my sauce in a ziploc baggie and cut a hole in the corner to drizzle on top of my tostadas!
21 Day Fix Counts:
- 1 corn tortilla = 1/2 yellow
- 1 red of the chicken mixture
- 1 green of romaine and tomato
- 1/2 blue of cheddar cheese
- 1/2 blue of avocado cream sauce
- Total count for 1 = 1/2 yellow, 1 red, 1 green and 1 blue
Hope you enjoy!