I am sure you have heard all about the cauliflower craze going on lately. I have been a little hesitant to jump on board. Unless it tastes like the real thing I am trying to imitate, I just have a hard time with it! A girlfriend told me about this fried rice at Trader Joe's and I decided to give it a try and I am SO glad I did! Such an easy way to sneak in some veggies without eating a salad! This dinner takes less than 10 minutes from start to finish. Perfect for busy weeknights!
This recipe makes enough for one person. Just multiply the ingredients if you are making for your family!
- 1 cup of riced cauliflower (I use the package from Trader Joe's that includes peas and corn, but you could get away with just riced cauliflower)
- 1 tsp of peanut oil or sesame oil (I used peanut oil)
- 1/2 cup of shredded chicken
- 1 egg, scrambled and cooked
- 1 tsp of liquid aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp of coconut aminos (I got mine from Trader Joe's)
- 1/3 cup of brown rice, cooked (I use Trader Joe's 3 minute frozen brown rice)
- Sea salt (optional)
- In a pan over medium high heat, add tsp of oil and your cauliflower rice. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add in chicken, scrambled egg, liquid aminos, coconut aminos and brown rice. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!
NOTE: Feel free to play around with the amount of liquid aminos and coconut aminos to find what you like best! Feel free to also throw in extra veggies like carrots, broccoli or onions to sneak in extra veggies!
If you are following portion fix, this entire recipe counts as: 1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 tsp.