I have been craving pancakes and have been hunting for the perfect recipe that fits within my meal plan. I personally love these pancakes and love that I get to eat the entire batch. I will warn you, they don't have a ton of flavor by themselves. I love them with melted peanut butter and will be on a hunt for a healthy homemade maple syrup to pair them with. My kids love these as well. My son has an egg allergy, so when I make them for him, I double the oats and add 1/4 cup or so of almond milk instead.
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of oats (I used gluten free oats)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 packet of stevia (optional)
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Put the batter in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow the oats to expand and the batter to thicken.
- Preheat pan on the stove over medium heat and cook each pancake for 2-3 minutes per side.
If you are following portion fix, the entire recipe counts as: 1 yellow, 1 green, 1 red and 2 purples.