Baked Chicken Tacos
I absolutely LOVE Mexican food - and I also love that my meal plan allows me to eat a lot of it! I love tacos and wanted to spice them up a bit. I get bored of my ground turkey tacos. These were a huge hit in our house. I was able to make the chicken mixture ahead of time and keep it in the fridge. That way, I could just put a couple of them together each night for dinner and dinner was ready in less than 15 minutes! Score!!
- 3 chicken breasts, shredded (I boil mine and then shred)
- 3/4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 can of diced green chiles
- 1 can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- Taco Shells - I used Old El Paso Stand and Stuff shells (love the short list of ingredients in them!)
- Mexican shredded cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Head a large frying pan over medium heat. Add in the olive oil and chopped white onion. Cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add in diced tomatoes and green chiles. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in shredded chicken, taco seasoning and 1/3 cup of water. Stir and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a baking dish (I used a 9x9 dish to bake four tacos), place taco shells standing up. If you are following the 21 Day Fix meal plan, use 1 green container to fill two taco shells.
- I used 1/4 cup of Mexican cheese for every two tacos.
- Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and starting to brown.
- Top with shredded lettuce and enjoy!
Two Tacos is equal to one serving. If you are following the 21 Day Fix Meal plan:
Two taco shells, 1 cup of the chicken mixture, 1/4 cup of cheese, 1/2 cup of shredded lettuce is ONE serving and equals 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 green and 1 blue.
These were a huge hit for us and lasted us all week for dinner!