When on this meal plan, it is so important to get creative with your favorite foods! I LOVE pizza, but I usually feel like I can't eat it. I found a great way to make it max 30 approved!
- 1 yellow whole wheat tortilla or gluten free tortilla
- .5 green of pureed tomatoes (If you buy these from the store, look at the label!!! So many have added sugar and salt which are NO NO's on this plan!) You can easily blend up your own tomatoes into a paste and use! I add a packet of stevia to mine to make it a little more sweet!
- 1 green of sweet onions and roma tomatoes
- 1 red of turkey pepperoni - be careful with these, lots of brands have a lot of extra junk in them! You could also use ham, turkey or chicken instead!
- 1 blue of mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning
Turn the oven on to 350. Bake the tortilla alone for about 5 minutes, flipping it half way through. You want to make it crispy! Take it out of the oven and add your tomato sauce, pepperoni, onions, tomato and then your cheese and italian seasoning. Put it back in the oven for 5 minutes and...ENJOY!
This is one of my husband and I's favorite meals. We used to eat out ever single friday for our date night. This pizza makes us feel like we are eating comfort food, even though its totally max 30 approved!