This pregnancy has given me lots of cravings and food aversions. I have been loving all carbs and hating all meat. This dish is the perfect comfort food dish and it sneaks in chicken for some protein too!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 10 cloves of roasted garlic (I roasted mine with a 1/2 tsp of olive oil at 400 degrees for 30 minutes)
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 - 1 cup of water
- dash of salt and pepper
*Mine made enough for two Pasta dishes. Made a total of 4 cups of sauce*
- Chop cauliflower into florets. In a large pot, boil water and add in cauliflower. Cook until tender and then drain the water.
- In a blender, add cauliflower, 1/2 cup of water, garlic, garlic salt and parmesan cheese. Blend until smooth. Add more water until you get your desired thickness. I added about 1 cup of water.
- Give it a little taste test and add in salt and pepper if needed, then set aside. See note below.
*I tasted mine and I didn't care for it alone. I added in a little salt to make sure it had flavor. Mixed in with the pasta, this tastes SO good! So, if you don't love it alone, don't worry!*
Chicken Pasta Recipe:
- 3 cups of pasta, I used gluten free penne
- 3 cups of fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp Ranch seasoning, I used the dry Hidden Valley packet
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2.5 cups of diced chicken, I used rotisserie
- 2 cups of cauliflower alfredo sauce
- 1.5 cups of mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Boil a pot of water and cook pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a pot over medium heat, add spinach and cook until partially wilted.
- Add in pasta, chicken, ranch seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and chicken. Mix ingredients well. Add in cauliflower alfredo sauce and gently mix with the pasta.
- Take pasta mixture and add to a greased baking dish and cover with mozzarella cheese and sprinkle the top with dried parsley.
- Bake pasta for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese starts to turn golden brown.
If you are following the 21 Day Fix, this recipe makes a total of six servings and is counted as: 1 yellow, 1 green, .5 red and 1 blue.
Both the cauliflower alfredo sauce and the pasta dish can be prepared in advance and cooked later. It is also really good as leftovers too!